For Mountain View Players we have to do a monologue in front of the class on Monday. I got mine yesterday, and I've been reciting it all day. I don't know how well I'll do, but my friends say I get way into it when I say it. It's sad and I almost cry when I say it. Here it is.
They Tell Me
They tell that he died a hero's death. They tell me that he should be honored for his courage... his bravery... his heart. I knew that already. They gave him this big funeral... twenty-something gun salute-- and a little medal.
You know what really gets me? They're treating his death like it's different somehow. It's not really. He went to war with like, a thousand other soldiers, and he died in the line of duty just like a thousand other soldiers. There's no glory to war, just blood... and men dying. If you're lucky you get to come home. If not......
I don't even know why I'm telling you this. I mean...
They tell me that... I should be proud of him. That I should be strong. That I should look at this medal, and think of him, and know he's in a better place...
It doesn't really matter what they tell me.
He loved me, you know. And... I guess... I loved him. All I know, is that seeing him again, just once, would make me a thousand times happier than all the purple hearts in the world.
THE END
THANK YOU, THANK YOU!
And that is my monologue.
Blog #5 AF
10 years ago





No comments:
Post a Comment